The ‘Bringing Up Great Kids’ Parenting Program is a group program developed by the Australian Childhood Foundation and facilitated by qualified LifeWorks professionals.
The program, full of handy information and practical tips, is designed to support parents and significant others (eg grandparents) to enhance patterns of communication with their children, to promote more respectful interactions and to encourage the development of children’s positive self-identity.
Parents are encouraged to explore and reflect upon messages they received from their own experience of being parented and are invited to give consideration to the ways in which these messages may be impacting on their own parenting style.
Topics and areas to be covered in the program include:
- Understanding messages from the past
- Children’s neurobiological development
- Understanding the meaning of behaviour
- Giving and receiving messages
- Mindfulness and self care
Program Duration & Fees
- 4 weekly sessions of 2 hours
- $200 Full fee or $150 Concession
- A range of useful handouts
- Group discussions
- Individuals, women, men, parents, grandparents, primary carers
Comments from Previous Participants
- “Taking time to reflect on the way I was parented and how I parent now has been very useful”.
- “Now that I understand how my child’s brain develops, I feel better equipped to deal with her tantrums”
- “I had no idea how much of my parenting is influenced by what I experienced in my own family”